Exceptional Acquisition of Turkish Citizenship
Exceptionally, the acquisition of Turkish citizenship is included in the 12th article of the Citizenship Law No. 5901. In the said article of the law, it is regulated that the foreigner can become a Turkish citizen with the proposal of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and the decision of the Council of Ministers, provided that there is no obstacle to national security and public order.
Who Can Win?
- Persons who have served in Turkey in scientific, technological, cultural, artistic, economic and social fields, or those who have the impression that they will pass, or those who bring industrial facilities, and those for whom a justified offer has been made by the relevant ministries;
- Persons who are deemed necessary to be naturalized for the benefit of our country or for any reason;
- As per the Settlement Law, immigrants.
Procedures to be Taken for Exceptional Turkish Citizenship Acquisition
Exceptionally, the file of the person who wants to acquire Turkish citizenship exceptionally is prepared after a written instruction is received from the Ministry regarding the application of the foreigner. The following documents must be included in the file:
- Petition stating an exceptional application for Turkish Citizenship;
- Notarized Turkish translation of the identity document of the country of nationality (Passport or similar document);
- Notarized Turkish translation of the birth certificate;
- Notarized Turkish translation of the duly certified document showing the marital status;
- If married, marriage certificate;
- Divorce certificate if divorced;
- Widow’s death certificate.
- A notarized Turkish translation of a certified copy of the birth certificate showing the spouse and children or a similar approved document valid instead of it;
- Identity registration copy of the applicant’s 1st and 2nd degree relatives (to be taken by the application authority);
- Receipt of the service fee deposited at the Finance Cashier.
In exceptional citizenship applications, the procedure works as follows.
- A written instruction is sent by the Ministry of Internal Affairs to the application authority for foreigners who want to acquire Turkish citizenship in an exceptional way;
- The applicant authority collects the necessary documents and creates a citizenship file;
- A Security Investigation is requested by writing to the Security Directorate on whether the applicant has a situation that may pose a threat to public security and public order;
- As a result of the positive results of these procedures, it is sent to the Council of Ministers for a decision after being checked by the application authorities;
- With the positive decision of the Council of Ministers, the person acquires Turkish citizenship.
You can reach us via APPLICATION FORM: https://gocmenburo.com/en/immigration-office-service-form y or our other contact information for your Turkey short-term residence, indefinite residence, work permit, Turkish citizenship and deport transactions, and you can get support from our experts.