Dear visitor, welcome to our Reasons for Deportation of Foreigners page.
Pursuant to the Law on Foreigners and International Protection No. 6458, foreigners who have been given a deportation decision can be deported to their country of origin or to a different country. The authorities authorized to take deportation decisions for foreigners are governorates and Provincial Migration Administrations.
In the text of the law, it is regulated in which cases the foreigner will be deported and in which cases he cannot be deported.
Pursuant to Article 54 of the Law on Foreigners and International Protection, deportation decision can be taken for the following persons:
- Pursuant to the Turkish Penal Code, those who are sentenced to imprisonment for two years or more are deported to their country after their sentence is served in Turkey;
- Terrorist and/or criminal organization manager, member, supporters;
- Those who declare false information and use false documents during entry to Turkey, during visa or residence permit application procedures;
- Those who earn their living illegally;
- Those who pose a danger to public safety or public health;
- Those who exceed the visa or visa exemption period granted by Turkey for more than 10 days or whose Turkey visa has been cancelled;
- Those who do not extend their expired residence permit within 10 days;
- Those whose residence permit has been revoked;
- Employees without a work permit in Turkey;
- Those who enter or leave Turkey unofficially;
- Those who came to Turkey despite the ban on entry before;
- Those who do not leave Turkey within 10 days despite the rejection of their residence permit applications;
- Those whose international protection application is rejected or cancelled;
- Deportation decision is applied for those who are found to have relations with the organization or persons defined as a terrorist organization by international organizations.
What is Deport? What are the Reasons for Deportation?
Deport, also known as entry ban, is the foreigner’s nationality or being sent to a third country, against whom a deportation decision has been made, and is prohibited from entering Turkey for a certain period of time. The ban on entry to Turkey is imposed for a maximum of 5 years, but the entry ban can be extended for another 5 years if the foreigner in question threatens public safety and health.
The foreigner or his/her legal representative or his/her representative for whom a deportation decision has been taken shall be notified of the deportation decision together with the legal grounds.
Foreign nationals can find out whether there is a ban on entry to Turkey at the border gate or by applying to the foreign representative of the Republic of Turkey in their country.
Objection to Deportation Decision
The deportation decision for foreigners is taken by the governorship or the provincial Immigration Administration and is notified to the foreigner himself or his legal representative. Against this decision of the Governor’s Office, the foreigner himself, his legal representative or his lawyer can appeal to the Administrative Court within 15 days. If an application is made to the court, the foreigner cannot be deported until the case is concluded. However, even if an appeal is made to the Administrative Court, the foreigner can be deported for the foreigners who have been deported for one of the following reasons.
- In cases where the foreigner is a terrorist and/or criminal organization manager, member or supporter;
- In cases where the foreigner poses a danger to public safety or public health;
- Foreigners who are found to be related to organizations or persons defined as terrorist organizations by international organizations.
Reasons for Deportation of Foreigners, Turkey visa, Turkey e-visa, short-term residence, indefinite (long-term) residence, marriage procedures of foreigners in Turkey, family and student residence permit, work permit, Turkish citizenship and your deport (extra-border) transactions You can reach us via APPLICATION FORM: https://gocmenburo.com/en/immigration-office-service-form and get support from our experts. You can also reach us from all our contact information.