Bulgarian citizens who enter Turkey can stay in our country for as long as their visa period or visa exemption period. In cases where this period is insufficient, Bulgarian citizens who want to stay within the borders of Turkey for a longer period of time can apply for a Turkish residence permit and continue to stay longer than the visa period for which permission has been obtained. According to the Law on Foreigners and International Protection, foreigners who want to reside in Turkey for a long time and who want to obtain a foreign residence permit must apply to the relevant administration by preparing the specified documents. Residence permit or residence permit names have the same meanings.
Migration Management Directorates in each province and district receive applications for foreign residence permits from all foreign citizens in accordance with their purpose and accept the residence permit applications of foreigners for evaluation.
Residence permit procedures for Bulgarian citizens in Turkey are carried out through the Immigration Bureau consultants. For this, our consultants can reach you via our phone number, Whatsapp communication line or an e-mail you send to our e-mail address, and you can make your application through us. Your lawyer or legal representative, if any, can apply with you during the application process.
How to Obtain a Residence Permit for Bulgarian Citizens?
Bulgarian citizens have more than one way to apply for a residence permit in Turkey . Bulgarian citizens can apply for a residence permit that suits them.
1 – Short Term Residence Permit
Bulgarian citizens whose status does not match with any of the other application types should apply for a short-term residence permit. Bulgarian citizens who will apply for a short-term residence permit must obtain a short-term residence permit in Turkey for reasons such as commercial investment, scientific research, or because they own real estate in Turkey. CLICK to learn other details of short-term residence permit .
2 – Long Term Residence Permit
Bulgarian nationals who have been living on Turkish territory for at least 8 years without a break and with any residence permit may be entitled to obtain a long-term residence permit under the conditions determined by the Immigration Policy Board of the Ministry of Interior. When calculating 8 years, the entire work permit and family residence permit and half of the student residence permit are found and the calculation is completed. This residence permit is issued indefinitely when accepted and does not need to be extended. Refugees, conditional refugees, persons under subsidiary protection and humanitarian residence permit holders are not allowed to switch to this permit. CLICK to access other information about Long Term Residence Permit .
3- Student Residence Permit
Bulgarian citizens who have come to study at an educational institution in Turkey must obtain a student residence permit in order to stay in Turkey longer than the visa period. These people are required to have an associate degree, undergraduate, graduate or doctorate level education at a university in Turkey. CLICK to get other information about student residence permit .
4- Family Residence Permit
Bulgarian spouse of Turkish citizens, children of Bulgarian citizens under the age of 18 of themselves or their spouses, foreigners holding any of the short-term or long-term residence permits, and the spouse of Bulgarian citizens of refugees and secondary protection status holders, Bulgarian citizens of themselves or their spouses under the age of 18 children apply for a family residence permit. CLICK to get other information about family residence permit .
Required Documents for Residence Permit Application
- Residence permit application form
- Passport or substitute document
- Photograph (biometric, current and taken on a white background)
- livelihood certificate
- Health insurance (supported by our company)
- Address related documents
- Other documents (marriage certificate, if any, court decision regarding divorce, death certificate, etc.)
Necessary documents depending on your personal situation and your situation in order to obtain a residence permit are prepared by our consultants and you can reach the Immigration Bureau via our call center, Whatsapp line or e-mail address to make your application immediately.
After the residence permit application, which has been accepted by the Directorates of Migration Management in the province and the district, and which is evaluated positively as a result of the examinations, the printing of the residence card is completed by the Directorate. Residence cards are sent to the address specified by the Bulgarian citizen during the application with the local postal network PTT.
Bulgarian citizens are required to apply for a residence permit extension in any time period 60 days (2 months) before the end of their residence permit period in Turkey. If the visa is during the visa exemption period or if it has exceeded this period by up to 10 days, those whose work permit has been canceled or expired must apply for a residence permit extension within a maximum of 10 days from the date of the canceled permit.
Cases of Refusal of Residence Permit for Citizens of Bulgaria
In the following cases, the residence permit application is not accepted, the residence permits, if any, are canceled, the residence permit is not extended:
- If one or more of the conditions to be fulfilled while making a short-term residence permit application are not fulfilled or the conditions are changed later, the application is rejected.
- If a residence permit has been obtained, it is inconvenient to use it for other than its intended purpose, and if these are detected, the permit will be revoked.
- If you do not live in Turkey for more than 120 days (4 months) in total within the last 1 year, your permits will be cancelled. excuses; Permits are not revoked if reasons such as compulsory public service, duty, education or health are proven.
- Residence permit applications of those who have a decision to ban entry to Turkey or who have a decision to be deported will not be accepted. If they have permission, they will be canceled and the extension application will not be accepted.
- A foreign residence permit is canceled in a situation that is detected by the security forces and creates a deficit that threatens public order or security.
- In the event that the studentship ends or the conditions that must be fulfilled in the student residence permit are no longer valid, the permit is canceled.
- If the student is found to be disrupting the public and school order and is unable to continue his education, and if these are proven, the permissions granted are cancelled.
- If it is proven that the student has broken the order by using the student residence permit for different purposes, the permission granted is cancelled.