If the citizens of Ukraine who come to Turkey want to stay within the borders of our country for longer than the period determined by the customs officers, they should apply for a Turkish Residence Permit for Ukrainian Citizens . All foreign nationals who want to stay in Turkey for longer than their visa or visa exemption period must prepare the documents specified in the Law on Foreigners and International Protection and apply, and must have a residence permit or a residence permit or residence permit with other known names.
Migration Management Directorates in every province and in some districts in Turkey receive the residence permit applications of all foreigners who come to our country and approve the permits for those who are found suitable after evaluating them.
Residence permit consultancy procedures for Ukrainian citizens are carried out by the Immigration Office consultants. For this, you can reach our consultants via our contact numbers or e-mail address and make your application immediately. In addition, your lawyer or legal representative, if any, may be present with you during your transactions.
How to Obtain a Residence Permit for Citizens of Ukraine?
Citizens of Ukraine Turkey residence permit consists of different categories. Citizens of Ukraine must apply for a residence permit appropriate to their situation.
1- Short Term Residence Permit
Foreign nationals who do not meet the requirements to apply for one of the other residence permit categories can apply from this category. In order to be able to apply in this category, foreign citizenship must come to Turkey due to a commercial connection, to conduct scientific research or to have real estate and want to reside. Click here for more information about this residence permit.
2- Long Term Residence Permit
Ukrainian nationals who have lived within the borders of Turkey continuously for at least 8 years with a legal residence permit can obtain a long-term residence permit as long as they meet the conditions established by the Migration Policy Board of the Ministry of Interior. With this residence permit, you can stay in Turkey indefinitely and you do not need to make any extensions. When calculating the 8-year legal residence permit period, half of the time spent as a student residence permit holder is counted. Time spent in other categories is counted in full. It is not possible for refugees, conditional refugees, subsidiary protection status holders and humanitarian residence permit holders to switch to this residence permit. Click here for more information about this residence permit.
3- Student Residence Permit
Azeri citizens who have come to Turkey for education should obtain a student residence permit to stay longer than their visa period. These individuals must be studying at an associate, undergraduate, graduate or doctoral level in a higher education institution in Turkey. Click here for detailed information about this residence permit.
4- Family Residence Permit
Ukrainian citizen spouse of Turkish citizens, children under the age of 18 of themselves or their spouses, foreigners holding any of the residence permits, refugee status, and Ukrainian citizen spouse of secondary protection status holders, children under the age of 18 of themselves or their spouses can apply for a family residence permit. Click here for detailed information about this residence permit.
Required Documents for Residence Permit Application
- Residence permit application form
- Passport or substitute document
- Photograph (biometric, current and taken on a white background)
- livelihood certificate
- Health insurance (supported by our company)
- Address related documents
- Other documents (marriage certificate, if any, court decision regarding divorce, death certificate, etc.)
You can reach the Immigration Office via our call center or e-mail address to learn the list of documents prepared by our consultants specifically for your personal situation and the reasons for obtaining a residence permit and to make your application immediately.
If the applications accepted by the Provincial or District Directorates of Migration Management are evaluated positively, the residence card will be printed for the foreigner and the completed residence cards will be sent by post to the address specified in the application of the Ukrainian citizen.
Applications for the extension of the Turkish Residence Permit for Ukrainian Citizens can be made at most 60 days before the end of the permit period. While the application can be made within the visa / visa exemption period of the foreigner or if these periods have been exceeded by up to 10 days, the foreigners whose work permit has been canceled or expired must have made their application within 10 days from the expiry / cancellation date.
Citizens of Ukraine residing in Turkey with any of the residence permits, if the reasons for obtaining this permit are no longer valid and they want to continue to reside in Turkey, must declare their reasons for their stay and apply for a residence permit accordingly. It is obligatory to make this application within 10 days from the date on which the reasons for the permit they have lost their validity.
In addition to the valid reasons for this permit, Ukrainian citizens who have a residence permit can continue to reside with the existing residence permit if there are new reasons that will enable them to obtain another residence permit, as well as the right to apply for a residence permit in a category that is suitable for the new reasons.
Cases of Refusal of Residence Permit for Citizens of Ukraine
In the event of the following situations, the application made by the foreigner for a residence permit will not be accepted. If the residence permit has been given, it is canceled, the expired residence permit is not extended:
- If an application has been made for a short-term residence permit and one or more of the conditions have not been fulfilled, or if the conditions that were previously suitable have disappeared, the application is rejected.
- If it is determined that the residence permit has been used for purposes other than the one for which it was issued, the permit is revoked.
- If you have been outside the borders of Turkey for more than 120 days in total in the last 1 year for reasons other than compulsory public service, duty, education or health, the permit will be cancelled.
- Residence permit is not given to those who have a valid deportation decision or an entry ban to Turkey. Even if given, it will not be canceled or extended.
- Residence permits of foreigners who are determined by the relevant security units to pose a serious threat to public order or public security are revoked.
- If the conditions for a student residence permit are not fulfilled or if they disappear, the permit will be cancelled.
- If there is some evidence that the student residence permit holder will not be able to continue his education, the permit is revoked.
- If there is evidence that the student residence permit has been used for purposes other than the one for which it was issued, the permit will be revoked.