Turkey Student Visa
Students who are entitled to study at any higher education institution in Turkey are required to obtain a “student visa” before coming to Turkey. Student visa is issued by the Republic of Turkey Foreign Representation of the country where the foreign student is a citizen or the country where he/she resides with a residence permit. Foreign nationals who will obtain a student visa must submit the “University Admission Letter” from the university in Turkey to the Foreign Representative of Turkey. A student visa is required to be processed in the student’s passport, and those who come to Turkey with a visa exemption or other visa type without obtaining a student visa are not registered.
Foreign students who come to Turkey with a student visa and enroll in the university are required to apply for a residence permit for study purposes. The duration of the student visa issued by the Foreign Representation of the Republic of Turkey differs from country to country. Student visas are issued for 30 or 90 days. Before completing this period, the foreign student must apply to the Directorate of Migration Management in the province or district where he/she resides and obtain a residence permit for educational purposes. Student residence permit applications are made by the Immigration Office consultants. You can do this by contacting us.
Student Visa Required Documents
- Student Visa Application Form;
- Passport valid for at least 1 year;
- A letter stating that the foreigner has been accepted to the university;
- 1 passport size photo;
- Visa fee.
The documents required for student visa applications vary according to the country of nationality. Generally required documents are as above.
Student visas are single-entry, and after entering the country with a student visa, the foreigner must apply for a residence permit for study purposes. If the foreigner leaves Turkey without applying for a residence permit for educational purposes, his visa will be cancelled. Even if the foreigner whose visa has been revoked re-enters Turkey within the scope of visa exemption, he will not be able to obtain a residence permit for study purposes. In this case, the foreigner will need to return to their country and obtain a student visa. These issues should be taken into account in order to avoid victimization.
Persons for whom a Student Visa is not required
If the foreigner has one of the following conditions, a student visa is not required.
- Foreign students who have Blue Card within the framework of Law No. 5203;
- Foreign students who are children of parents residing in Turkey with a work permit or residence permit ;
- Foreign students who have completed their Secondary and Higher Education in Turkey and have started their undergraduate and (or) graduate education, provided that they do not take a break for more than 1 year;
- A student visa is not requested in cases where foreign students who are registered at a higher education institution in Turkey and who have previously obtained a student visa and resided with a residence permit for study change their departments without interruption.
Foreign students are not required to apply for a new student visa if they have previously enrolled in any university program and subsequently changed their department or university. However, if these people make a change within the same province, they must submit their new student documents to the Provincial or District Directorate of Migration Management, and if they have changed the province, they must apply for a residence permit to the Directorate of Migration Management of the province where they reside.
If you want more detailed information or consultancy on different issues, you can contact us at +90 212 970 02 88 . As the Immigration Bureau, we are happy to assist you.