Who can have a Turquoise Card?
- Persons with qualifications such as education, salary, experience and professional knowledge, contribution to science and technology, which can be a highly qualified workforce,
- Persons who can be highly qualified investors, have investment and export level, employment size and can contribute to technological and scientific development,
- Scientists or researchers who have international achievements in fields such as science, technology and industry and are considered to be beneficial for the interests of the country,
- Individuals who are successful at the international level in terms of cultural, artistic or sporting activities,
- Persons who carry out activities in the international arena for the benefit of Turkish culture in matters related to the recognition and national interests of the Republic of Turkey can become Turquoise Card holders.
Turquoise Card Application
Foreigners who have the above qualifications and want to apply for a work permit Turquoise Card can do so directly in Turkey through the application system. In abroad, it can be done through the Turkish foreign representations in the country where the applicant is a citizen or legally located.
Application procedures are carried out by the Immigration Bureau consultants. You can reach our consultants via our call center or e-mail address and complete your Turquoise card application process in the fastest way possible.
The Turquoise Card is first issued with a 3-year transition period. During this 3-year transition period, if the cardholder does not stay outside of Turkey for more than the period determined by the ministry and the card is not cancelled, the registration of the transition period is canceled upon the application of the card holder and the card is issued indefinitely. It can be done 180 days before the transition period expires or, in any case, before the transition period expires. After this period expires, the application to remove the transition period and to have an indefinite card is rejected and the Turquoise Card becomes invalid.
Spouses and dependent children of foreigners who are entitled to be cardholders are given a document that proves they are relatives of the cardholder and replaces a residence permit.
Qualified foreigners who can get Turquoise Card are as follows:
- Those who have academically accepted studies in the international arena
- Those who have come to the fore in an area that may be strategic for Turkey in technology, science or industry
- Those who make a significant contribution to the Turkish economy as employment, export or investment
***The above qualifications are not required for foreigners who have been given temporary protection.
Rights and obligations of the foreigner holding a Turquoise Card
Foreigners holding the card have the same rights as foreigners with an indefinite work permit. Card holders have some advantages:
- There is no obligation to do military service in Turkey.
- They do not have the right to elect and be elected, and they cannot hold public office.
- If they have acquired rights related to social security, these rights are reserved, but they are subject to the provisions of the relevant legislation in the use of these rights.
- Transactions related to subjects such as residence, work, investment, travel, inheritance, commercial activity, purchase and donation of movable and immovable in Turkey are carried out by relevant institutions and organizations under the same conditions and in accordance with the same legislation as Turkish citizens.
In order to exercise some of these rights and obligations, it may be required to be a Turkish citizen in special laws. In such cases, cardholders cannot benefit from these rights.
According to the Turkish Citizenship Law, the cardholder and his/her relative can acquire Turkish citizenship with the proposal of the Ministry, on the condition that the registration for the transition period is removed, unless they are in a situation that would pose a danger or hinder national security and public order.
For the relatives of the Turquoise Card holders, a cardholder relative card is given.
The Turkuaz Card holder’s relative card replaces the residence permit within the validity period of the card.
If the card becomes invalid for any reason, this card issued for the relative of the cardholder is also canceled by the General Directorate.